Open the toughest railcar gates safely & efficiently.
New and Improved with Pivoting Wheels! Great for tight locations!
The MARTIN® Adjustable-Height Railcar Gate Opener is a powerful solution to improve the efficiency of railcar unloading. It easily opens tough rail car hopper gates, safely and efficiently without backbreaking labor, without damage to gate or mechanism, and without high noise.
- No More Stalled Operations Due to Stubborn Gates
- No More Excess Labor Needed to Force Open Gates
- No More Back Injuries From Trying to Muscle Open Gates
Powerful Rail Car Gate Opener
Provides 2700 lbs of torque at 90 psi, (visualize a 200 lb. man standing on a 13 foot pry bar!) to open the most stubborn hopper car gate
Wheeled cart can be positioned by one rail car worker. One lever rotates wheels 90 degrees. Pivoting wheels maintain contact with traveling capstan.
Change capstan height to fit various car gates and compensate for variations in unloading platforms.
Fits through narrow doors, spread to stabilize unit for operation.
Easily adjusts to suit operator performance.
Steel Tube Frame
Rugged construction provides long life in “real world” conditions.
10” x 4” pneumatic wheels maneuver easily over rough rail side conditions.
Provides smooth, non-impacting force to open gate without damage.
Noise measured at 83 dBa at operator position.
- Air Supply: 90 to 120 psi (6.2 to 8.2 bar)
- Air Consumption: 18.5 to 20.5 cfm (8.7 to 9.7 L/sec)
- RPM at Drive Shaft at 90 psi (6.2 bar): 8.4
- Output Force at 90 psi (6.2 bar): 2700 lb (1225 kg)
- Noise Level (1 meter from muffler): 83 db
- Part Number: 38475
- Shipping Weight: 500 lbs (226.8 kg)
Adjustable-Height Railcar Gate Opener Spec Sheet
See the Railcar Gate Openers in action!
MARTIN® Adjustable-Height Railcar Gate Opener
The MARTIN® Adjustable-Height Railcar Gate Opener is a powerful tool that improves the safety of unloading materials from railcars. Eliminates the need for workers to risk injury opening tough hopper gates. Even the most stubborn gates can be opened easily without damaging equipment.